Sunday, June 14, 2009

A notice: things might slow down again

Later this week I will move to Chicago, Illinois to start my training with Teach For America, its intensive 12-14 hour a day sessions 6 days a week for the duration of the summer, and then in August I will start as an elementary school teacher in one of Chicago's most under performing schools working to hopefully reduce the achievement gap in America. So, unfortunately, the likelihood of me being able to post as much as I would like will be extremely diminished.

I hope to still check in, but I wanted to warn you that if things get slow, there is good reason.

If you are interested in joining the site as a contributor please email me at playultimateblog@gmail.com - we have an incredible list of people who currently contribute or have contributed in the past (you can view them by scrolling down on the right hand side) - if you are a long time reader and are in touch with a local league or team we would love to add your voice to the chorus.

I just want to say that it has been a pleasure writing here for the past 4+ years, I hope you have enjoyed some of what we have been able to put together, there certainly has been some lively discussion in the past. More than 206,000 visitors viewed the more than 675 posts on PlayUltimate nearly half a million times - all to tune in for some high school ultimate news and commentary. I am extremely proud of what we have built here together, and I hope you have enjoyed the site over the years.

I encourage you to continue to visit and comment and spread the word about high school ultimate. Also, search through the archives if you ever have a question about something ultimate related, chances are it has been discussed here at some point or another.

Tomorrow I'll post my plan to grow high school ultimate in the US in an active and immediate way, it will be long but I hope you'll read it.

Thanks for stopping by, and as always...

Play Ultimate.

Become a fan on Facebook! - Help spread the word about high school ultimate.